View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
mikevan

Zone: 8
Name: Mike V.
BananaBucks : 15,460
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: PUPS IN trouble Help and advise

I've had as much mixed luck with the other shipping services and use USPS because, well, 6 one way or half dozen the other. Goofups happen - depends on who missed out on the donuts and coffee at the shipping warehouse.

I think it's remotely possible that the plants can be revived - especially if one is putting out new roots. I have a couple that are in similar shape and are under extreme TLC right now - no, not the ones you sent me too! If it's putting out roots, then even if the top is dried, a new shoot may be working it's way out from within the corm. You can cut a pseudostem fairly close to the corm and still have it grow. So - fingers crossed, it'll grow so long as your recommendations are followed...

I would put them outside in the shade of a tree rather than inside or in the shade of a building - tree shade seems to be cooler yet it will still be warm enough to promote growth while inside with airconditioning it may be cool enough to retard growth slightly.

Be well,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese
Well I am the seller and I want you to be happy. Yes you need to water them once after they are potted. Only water them once though. Then place them in full shade and keep you fingers crossed. It sounds like they are beyond hope though especially with this weather we are having so I don't have high hopes for them.

On the bright side they will make a nice mulch for the new ones I'm going to overnight to you!

Did I mention how much the USPS sucks!
mikevan is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mikevan