View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
jpfloors
Banned

BananaBucks : 103,249
Said "Thanks" 136 Times
Was Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 54 Times
Default Re: Double Mahoi question about second+ generations

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaclese View Post
JP I'm not sure i truly understand your question but the double mahoi is just like any other Banana in that it produces pups and you should always leave two on the plant the rest can be separated that way you will get fruit from the mat every year more than two will make the momma plant put all here energy in to making pups and there won't be enough to make any fruit did that answer your question?

PS. some Bananas just like to make lots of pups and some times its a sign of stress the momma think she mite die so shes making pups to insure the survival of the species
Oh this one definately isn't stressed at all. I think I agree with Sandy's first hypothesis... that some pups (or rather eyes) had already formed but didn't take off until later. Yeah, I know and understand about leaving a pup or two with momma will make them more vibrant if you'd say, but at the same time, in my theory I would think although seperated, a double mahoi would still produce the deformity of several stalks although not attached to it's mother plant.
jpfloors is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jpfloors