View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
pharazon

Zone: 9
Name: Dave
BananaBucks : 11,308
Said "Thanks" 17 Times
Was Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Ensete Ventricosum "Maurelli" trouble.

I recently purchased a pair of Ensete Ventricosum "maurelli" cultivars, after doing some research and deciding that these plants would do well in my garden. They were placed in an area that receives full sun for five to six hours a day, with a bit of wind. I anticipated that the wind might be a little bit of trouble, but I do believe the sun is doing its fair share of damage. After two days in the decided location, the bananas were pretty much beat. When I brought them home, they had beautiful, floppy leaves and looked to be in perfect condition. Today, they have yellowing all over their leaves, and most of them are folded inwards. They look, to put it plainly, beat up! I've moved them from their former location to the porch, in hopes that the relief from the wind and sun would help them recover, but they continue to look stressed.

I'm sure they don't recover instantly, but is there anything I can do to help them out? I water twice a day. I am in zone 9, Temecula, CA, at the top of a hill, and the mid-day sun is absolutely brutal. Even the plumeria get stressed out from time to time after a full week in the same sunny conditions. I don't mind not being able to have the bananas where I originally intended, I just want help them get back to their former glory. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appareciated, thank you!
pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pharazon

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors