View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #61 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 282,607
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: high temperature banana growing habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velutina View Post
I have a tree of heaven in my yard right now that came up on it's own (i didn't put it there). I cut it back every fall and it grows back to a beautiful 6-8' shrub the next year. It never gets a chance to seed before I cut it. It does have an interesting odor but for the easy care and tropical effect, I have enjoyed it. In vegas though I definately wouldn't want it to be too big and become invasive. The toxin doesn't sound too great either. Any other ideas on trees that would provide shade within 1 year?
cotin woods grow vary fast or desert burch they grow fast dont know how much shad you would get the first year depeds i gusse on how big it was at the time of planting also you mite consider
calaforna peper tree vary hardy in hot wether give dapaled shad id stay away for desert aloacasa they have invasif roots peaches nectreans apricot all do well here we have more then enuff chill time for them appls persimons standerd citris althou its kinda ify on citris but i have three and they are doing good myer is the best lemon its alot hardyer for cold mex lime is good my mxlim is one of the most butiful trees i have its dwarft goldin rain tree i think dos well smoke tree Ucaliptis they do grate here but are quite big i dont have room and they smell good in the heat crape mirtal dos realy well here too thers doszins more all keep going if nun of thouse fits your fancy

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors