Thread: ebay cal gold
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 10:14 AM   #53 (permalink)
Steve in France

Zone: zone: it says 6 to 8
Name: Steve in France
BananaBucks : 108,198
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 52 Times in 28 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: ebay cal gold

I don't defend Jeff or think he needs defending. I bought from him for a few reasons .
I don't have 'California Gold' and I wanted the real McCoy.I get real tired of not receiving what I ordered and ending up with mystery Musa.
I get real tired of bad divisions (I've only had good ones this year,thanks guys) that take months to restart or die. Jeffs plants are great divisions and are forming new leaves and rollers right now. I don't care if the taste is not top, I live in Maryland , just getting fruit would be cool. Jeff gives good service and good email.
A 100 bucks is not a lot for a rare plant, I've payed 300 for a three foot hardy Palm Tree in the past and I was getting a good deal on that plant.I grow Tree Ferns in my garden in Europe and one of my big ones would go for Lord knows what price here as you cannot get a 4 foot tall Dicksonia antarctica for love nor money as they say.
My only Hobby is the plants , it's a Hobby , people enjoy there Hobbies and spend money on them for pleasure. They generally could not care less if people think they are wasting there money because it's there's to waste and it gives pleasure.
So here is a guy who is Happy to have 'California Gold' whatever it costs because I enjoy having 'California Gold' and look forward to passing on the pleasure to other Plantsmen.