View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 01:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
damaclese
Living in Exile

Zone: 9 Mediterranean climate
Name: Paulo
BananaBucks : 282,616
Said "Thanks" 1,352 Times
Was Thanked 1,620 Times in 706 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 101 Times
Default Re: high temperature banana growing habits

OK I'm going to tell you all a Little something about my self 1 I'm sum what forgetful now you may ask your self what this has to do with growing bananas in the desert well all tell you last Saturday i decided to start my Ventricosum
and some white Cannes so i took out to clear glass jars with lids and put the seeds in them fill them with Ro water and set them out Side in the shade as the temps were around 85 do to a Werther front that had moved in and promptly forgot about them until Monday when the temps had risen to 90s when i remembered then they had been setting in the sun for some time and the water was quite hot i don't know exactly how hot but i would guess around 110 well i thought hell i cooked my seed but i know how tough banana and Canne seeds can be so i decided to plant them any way so i got the Jiff germination station out put the seeds in and placed the hole thing in the room i keep my orchids in its some what bright and warm around 80 that was on Monday well today is Friday and low and behold i have one Canna and one banana that have sprouted not so much that they have leafs but i can see parts of the white roots probably do to the fact the seed are upside down so the roots cam out of the top of the pot and are reburying them selves no i don't want to brag because it was all by accident but i think thats got to be a worlds record
so setting banana seeds in vary warm water mite be a trick to germinating them at leas ventricosum and lorx told me to put my canna seeds in to water that had just boild untill i hear them pop he said the would grow in just a few days what do you all think dumb but lucke a

damaclese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To damaclese
Said thanks:
Sponsors