View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
dukeofargy
Dukeofargy

Zone: 5a
Name: Dukeofargy
BananaBucks : 9,530
Said "Thanks" 34 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Since bananas like water, and there are water restrictions ...

Randy, there is some interesting information in that article. Thanks for posting the link. I was thinking when I read the concern about salts, that my wife does sometimes put epsom salts into her baths. I have used epsom on the brugmansia plants, and within a day, they are so much perkier than ever, and become a nice darker green. A little epsom seems to be good for the plants,... cleans them out.... so to speak.

MagicGreen, I agree that the lugging of the water could be a deterent, but when water is so expensive here in our community, and there are restrictions, one begins to think of alternate means.

Rhymechizel, I was thinking similarly. Of course, if one was sick, that might be a different story. I agree that the water should be used fairly quickly though, so any bacteria doesn't spread. .... thinking that we don't have any bacteria in our house. LOL

Lorax, I have heard in the past that some plant really like the dish / bath water. Hostas in particular. I see some similarity there, although to a different scale.

Thanks one and all for your responses.
dukeofargy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To dukeofargy