View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
jpfloors
Banned

BananaBucks : 102,855
Said "Thanks" 136 Times
Was Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 54 Times
Default Re: Saba Emergency Surgery Possibly needed, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Thanks Jarred, yeah, it was the one that you had sent me It happens sometimes. Didn't want to bring that up so no one would get any bad feelings towards your plants. All of the others are doing WONDERFUL. Today I just split two pups off of the Manzano you sold me. Also have had 8 pups so far split off from the Orinoco and three more eyes puping up that I can see! It seems that the Orinoco just doesn't want to quit producing offspring. As soon as I split off one or two of the pups, new eyes and pups form immediately and get to 12" + in as little as two weeks. The two I split today were just eyes a week and a half ago!

I'm definatly going to keep a very close eye on it this week. If I do decide to try my first TC on this one (which I'm starting think more and more seriously about it) I'm going to try to plug out the meristem so if the corm can still produce any pups it'll be able to, but unlikely if the root system hasn't recovered from when it was split and shipped. If I have time, energy, and enough daylight tomorrow when I get home, I will probably pull and clean it to see what's going on with the roots and the bottom of the corm. Wish me luck! Hopefully it's not rotting underneath. I wouldn't think so since the center still is very vibrantly green.

Last edited by jpfloors : 05-13-2008 at 10:36 PM.
jpfloors is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jpfloors
Said thanks: