View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
mskitty38583
banana junkie

Zone: 7b
Name: mskitty
BananaBucks : 189,269
Said "Thanks" 82 Times
Was Thanked 890 Times in 617 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 136 Times
Default Re: new nanners...new trial

i was all over the miricle gro potting mix...till i relized the freaking little gnats that were flying around my head was not a dream. so ive changed up to the expert gardner potting mix. i take a 2 cubic ft. bag of the expert garden potting mix, 1- eight quart bag of citrus and cactus mix, 1- eight quart bag of perilite. mix together well and then pot. i do have one suggestion...clay pots do dry out faster then the plastic ones do. if your gonna use the clay pots here is another suggestion. plant you plant in the clay pot of your choice, take a bigger pot and fill it half way with mulch. set your planted pot into the bigger pot and put mulch between the pots. this will help retain moisture and you can use your clay pot. i love clay pots i think they are wonderful, but you do have to water a little more ofter. thats why i suggested the pot in a pot way. btw...i learned that on the hgtv..gardening by the yard...with paul james the gardner guy. people lived in new mexico( i think) and she wanted some kind of plant that had to be moist. so there you go . just my thoughts.

on another note: you can get organic compost mixed with manure at walmart....i wouldnt use it till your babies get bigger, but just a thought.

Last edited by mskitty38583 : 04-26-2008 at 08:23 AM.
mskitty38583 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To mskitty38583