View Single Post
Old 07-21-2022, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
FluffyGryphon

BananaBucks : 891
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Bought two Musa Basjoos... Why are they suffering?

So a month ago, I bought two of these plants and I spent a week letting them get used to full sun by gradually letting them in it for longer. I planted them in the yard (south eastern Nebraska) with a good amount of mulch and compost. They've been holding on a bit, but a couple days ago one just shriveled away and the other is still struggling. I've watered it once a week, and the soil under the mulch is always slightly damp, so it shouldn't be waterlogged. Too much sun? Too hot? It's been hot. Mid 80s (F) to mid 90s. I'm not sure what I'm doing that's making it struggle so much.

FluffyGryphon is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To FluffyGryphon
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors