View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
RPH

BananaBucks : 2,033
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Reverted Musa Florida

Hi all, thanks in advance for the answers, as I’m new here.

My friend and I sell rare plants. Recently, we purchased several TC Musa Floridas imported from Thailand, deflasked and sold them after acclimation to Fluval Stratum (which they seem to grow well in btw)—this is our third time. Most are now doing great in the buyers’ care. We did have one customer say his reverted to green (this is out of a few dozen—most of them keep variegation). See attached pic. Any advice on how to get variegation back? It appears he already keeps it in high lighting and humidity conditions. Is it possible to cut back new green growth, as in center-growing, self-heading philodendrons, or do nodes work differently? We are relatively new to nanas but pretty familiar with other rare plants like philos, anthuriums, and alocasias.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 23E85008-71BA-42D8-9144-640373532DDB.jpeg (728.4 KB, 48 views)
RPH is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To RPH
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors