View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
DingoBongo

BananaBucks : 7,869
Said "Thanks" 23 Times
Was Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default What will happen if I don't cut my bananas down for the winter?

I have two pretty large plants outside (in Atlanta) that I was given as gifts as babies. Don't know what species but they're not cold tolerant. Last year I cut them down after the first freeze and coveted with pine straw. This year they got a lot bigger. After a few freezes they're looking pretty rough. I wasn't around so haven't cut them down yet and now I'm wondering what would happen if I just left them. I know a lot of people say to do what I did last year, but I also see plenty of plants around town just hanging out looking dead. Will they come back either way? What will that look like if I don't cut them?
DingoBongo is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To DingoBongo
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors