View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
mcollum83
BananaNutYum

Zone: 4
Name: Goomba
BananaBucks : 17,021
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all aren't kidding about an addiction... a month ago I finally convinced my husband to let me have a dwarf cavendish, course I got two in case I killed one with my brown thumb. Then I decided I must have 2 ice cream bananas, and 2 dwarf red...once again, two in case I kill one. Then I proceeded to order 2 Dwarf orinoco, and 2 Manzano...and a basjoo...and now I have orered so many, that I was sent 2 red abyssinians for free...and I have gotten rid of one..and almost cried, one of my cavendish, because I LIVE IN ZONE 4, and I don't have room...I'll make room. Trying to get my husband to put on a sun room for me. LOL. Banana plants are addicting. Well anyways,I know of a great fertilizer, it is at www.wellspringgardens.com...I think that is right, or off ebay from wellspring100. It is called banana fuel. And I use it, it is very affordable, and I like it, lasts forever. I also plant in 1/3 perlite, 1/3 vermiculite, and 1/3 peat moss. So far working good. But I have not ever checked pH. I suppose I should. These things are my babies, I even make a warm room for them on cold dreary days...I'm NUTS! LOl. Glad to hear about your new addition to your family, you will LOVE it.