View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
smeash

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 21,121
Said "Thanks" 385 Times
Was Thanked 872 Times in 443 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 67 Times
Default Re: Ebay prices for Florida Variegated way too expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTT View Post
Shill bids are one thing, but sellers are purposely putting up the price to the same ridiculous prices as other sellers. I know one guy who does it as a sort of negotiating trick. He is hoping someone will come along and ask him if he will take $400 or $300... doing so makes the price look better, and makes the buyer think they are getting a good deal since they "negotiated". Its the old used car sale trick of inflating the asking price, in order to get the high price anyways after the suckers negotiate a bit. They take advantage of those who don't do their homework first.
Heres the thing.. the value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it. My point being that if the market wont support those prices, schill bidding or not, and nobody purchases the item, then the price will have to come down until a buyer deems it worth the purchase. Perhaps to you, that price is ridiculous, but there may be someone out there who thinks the plant is worth it.. its capitalism.. supply and demand. I dont buy from ebay, I have however purchased plants from ETSY.. ebay has always seemed like a place where you never know if the bidding process is on the level or not. For the record, I bought my AEAE from a seller in Indonesia. I paid 300 plus some customs costs. To me its worth it, to some, like my wife, thats insane.. If I sell pups from mine in the future, I will price them to be competitive in the current market. Just my .02
smeash is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To smeash
Said thanks:
Sponsors