View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
ellenmarie
-ellen

Zone: 5a
BananaBucks : 7,572
Said "Thanks" 152 Times
Was Thanked 77 Times in 38 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Ensete ventricosum seed starting from fresh seeds

I posted a while back looking for fresh Ensete Glaucum seeds. I didn't find any but I was fortunate to get a reply offering fresh Ensete ventricosum seeds. I received an envelope with about 4 really fresh bananas and I pulled the seeds out. Here is what happened.

I also purchased 10 seeds from a seller in the UK and they are not included in the counts and are the far right in the pictures.

A couple weeks after planting.

A week later.

The ones in the green container were soaked for 2 weeks. I've already transplanted a bunch from the left tray.

and last week.

I've put some in my flower beds to see what happens and how they dig up for the winter.

I hope this helps someone out or at least is fun to read.

And special thanks to Peter for offering them and letting me experiment. I hope I have some luck with other kinds and I'm still hoping for a Glaucum. I do have some seeds from India but they took so long to get there I'm sure they are old -- but I'm trying anyway.

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors