View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
ansch07780

BananaBucks : 964
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Bananas Brindando Looking for AeAe, D’ang Florida, Jamaican red and praying hands

I’m not sure what happened in the past 10 years but it seems finding reliable people selling the actual banana list is rare thing now days. 12 years or so ago I had and AEAe, Jamaican Red, large IceCream and 3 other varieties of bananas.

I moved to a new place and only took the AEAe with me. Been a few years and now and I’m looking to populate my new location in FL with a bunch of new bananas. But I’ve had horrible luck. First someone stole my Aeae, and it seems pricing is through the roof on these. Now I know why they stole it!! I am willing to buy a new one but I don’t trust all these one on eBay and Etsy from Indonesia… I really can’t understand why these thing are selling 300 each! They grow how can they be that rare!!!

Second I’ve bought a few bananas online, and none have turned out what they where promised to be, I’ve gone through 2 Blue Java’s and both where not even IceCreams! I think they are just cavendish, they only grew to 10 ft and definately not IceCream. I finally found someone in Punta Gorda Fl that had the BLue Java growing in their yard and saw it with my own eye, so I’m hoping the plant I got is really a Blue Java. They seemed like good people and I also bought a Mona Lisa from them so I’m hopeful! All in all I can’t trust any online sites, they either seem out of bananas or their reviews are mostly are fake and It’s been really hard to find someone that sells what they really own!

How did the Banana growing world get so messed up?!?

Well enough ranting. I’m looking for an AEAE on the west coast of Florida so I don’t have to ship. I will drive to pick up. I would like a D’ang Florida as I’ve seen a lot about these on the site lately. I would love a Jamaican Red, a praying hands, a double hanoi and I’m interested in any interesting varieties or people Near Punta Gorda that would love to sell or trade plants.

Would love to hear from some of you and talk shop!
Thanks
Dan
ansch07780 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ansch07780
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors