View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 12:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
crazy banana

Zone: 9-11
BananaBucks : 10,026
Said "Thanks" 3,021 Times
Was Thanked 2,961 Times in 1,115 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,969 Times
Default Re: How tall does the pups need be before you cut them off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randylee52 View Post
Trying figure out how tall pups need to be to before I can cut them off? And is best to spray on banana trees to keep all the bugs off I put Neem Oil but there is still something eating them?
Welcome to bananas.org. The "search" function in this forum will give you a lot of good information from some very experienced banana plant growers. Assuming you want to keep the pups (otherwise you can cut and discard them at any time), you will have to distinguish between sword pups and water sucker pups first before separating. Sword pups will have a better root system than water suckers, subsequently can be separated earlier and grow quicker once separated.

In regards to the Neem Oil, I wish people would stop using it as a "Fix all" remedy. Even though it is considered to be organic because it is extracted from the Neem tree, it is best used strategically (if at all). Unfortunately it will kill everything including beneficial insects that can be attracted to your garden and will do some significant pest management for you. First figure out what you are dealing with, then target it efficiently. Post some pictures of what you think might be a problem.
crazy banana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To crazy banana
Said thanks: