Thread: E-Bay Warning
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #57 (permalink)
jpfloors
Banned

BananaBucks : 103,339
Said "Thanks" 136 Times
Was Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 54 Times
Default Re: E-Bay Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskitty38583 View Post
i think i have 2 seeds of the white tacca and 1 seed of the grey tacca left. there was a lady who use to grow and sell them on line but she dosent sell them anymore. i wish i had kept the site. her info was still posted on line. she said they were real picky and hard to grow unless you had a gh, and could monitor the temps and humidity. i love tacca just because they are so odd. maybe this summer i will try the seeds i have left, im just not sure the seeds are viable. they said that the seeds should not be dried seeds( they are suppossed to be fresh off the plant) and that it can take 9 months for them to germinate. when my sunroom is finished i migh try again. unless i can find a seedling. nine months is a long time to see a seed sprout and i dont know if i have that many patience. my fav. is the black bat flower, but i would gladly take any of the 3 colors. LOL!!!
Hey Mskitty, There is a website that does sell tacca seeds, but I believe only the white tacca (white bat flower). Her website is Georgiavines Passion Vines Aristolochia Passiflora Hibiscus Seeds. She's located in Georgia (imagine that) and I've bought lots of seeds from her and had great success. Still waiting on my tacca seeds to germinate.

She sends wonderful e-mails and answers your questions freely! She even made one mistake and VERY QUICKLY fixed it no questions asked. The mistake was that she did send the package of seeds with label and everything, but however they package was empty. I asked her, as a joke, if they were the invisible kind of seeds, she laughed and sent the actual seeds out the next day! There was an extra packet of seeds of the same type (musa) that I hadn't ordered stuck to the back of the empty one I did order, I think the two packets were stuck together and she thought the one I ordered was filled with the seeds. I'll definately be purchasing from her again!
jpfloors is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To jpfloors