View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 01:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brahmus

Zone: 9a
Name: Matt
BananaBucks : 1,549
Said "Thanks" 9 Times
Was Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Newbie questions - planting design and types for 9a

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
Under-story trees & bushes within 10ft of each side of the Line would be limited to a maximum height of 5ft to 10ft (15ft to 20ft line height). Dwarf banana plants are 8ft to 9 ft at the pstem crown plus 4ft to 6 ft of leaves for a total height of 12ft to 15ft. ... Are you saying the Power Company is OK with 3ft to 5 ft safety clearance of the power line?
The power company website says the lines are 25 feet high, so 15 foot height should be ok. I thought the line was lower but I went out and looked again and I think its around 22-25' so I should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiart View Post
Also, just something people in general are over zealous about planting stuff and don't consider how large a tree/ shrub or plant can get, make sure with its future size it won't present problems for you / your neighbors later.
Thank you for this advice. We are planning the yard around the canopy size for mature trees so we will (hopefully) be ok. I only have a neighbor on one side and there are lower hanging power lines from the easement to the houses on that side so I am putting grapes and other smaller plants on that side.

Thank you both.
Brahmus is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Brahmus