View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
aruzinsky

Zone: 6a (10 miles east of 5b)
Name: Steve
BananaBucks : 160,836
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 784 Times in 316 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: Texans, please, explain something to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBananaGwr2018 View Post
I don't live in Texas but I do live in south Louisiana and since we normally don't get this crazy cold weather people have never had to do anything about this. I wrapped my pipes and ran the water but that's cause I had to do that before. None of this is thought in schools so how are people suppose to know how to do something that they have never had to do before. I wrapped/covered most of my plants cause I read on here how Northern growers do it but if I was not on here how would I have known.....hope I am clear. That is also my opinion

I need to buy a generator so I can be prepared for next time but saying and doing are 2 different things.
Well, I've never had a prolonged power outage but I know that there is a shut off valve before the meter because I've used it before. They could look up the following using their smart phones:

https://www.ahs.com/home-matters/lif...me-for-winter/

Even, after the pipes burst, why don't they turn off the water?

I was thinking, maybe, in Texas, water meters are located outside and are inaccessible to homeowners. In the Chicago area, water meters are typically located in basements.
aruzinsky is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To aruzinsky
Said thanks: