View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 05:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
*Dearly Depotted*

Zone: 6A
Name: Mary
BananaBucks : 97,725
Said "Thanks" 607 Times
Was Thanked 442 Times in 301 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Bananas Brindando Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
Since I was mentioned .... this is what my turkey looked like. Unforgettably I didn't take a picture of this year's turkey, but this is another one a couple of years ago.

I did 2 turkeys in this cooking. The next image is the other one ready to be delivered for Thanksgiving dinner/Lunch with friends.

As you can see that electric roaster does a hell'of job finishing a turkey (or beef brisket) that was only on the smoker grill for 1 1/2 or 2 hours; then in the roaster for the rest of the night at 170 deg temp setting. ... I went to sleep and didn't baby sit a grill or smoker all night. And the temp on the roaster is so low the turnkey wont burn if left in there for a extra couple of hours. I do put a pint of water into the roaster to start. So the turkey is not dry roasted and the smoke is from pecan wood.

Hey Max! Both your turkeys look great! I bet they were delicious! Quite impressed with both yours & Doug’s cooking! Very nice! Thanks for sharing your pictures as well!