View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
*Dearly Depotted*

Zone: 6A
Name: Mary
BananaBucks : 97,781
Said "Thanks" 607 Times
Was Thanked 442 Times in 301 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Party Re: Help! Is my AeAe plant dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
Great! .... The reason I asked for a photo scale was to estimate the corm size. Small corms (tc) likely wouldn't survive 1 or 2 days in very dry soil; bigger corms fist size may be a few weeks; while a grown mature corm could survive a few months.

So to answer your original question the corm size mattered. ... It did look paper dry in the photo and likely died. But I Could not determines if the corm was completely dry from the photo. The large white roots gave the hint as they would have been gone if the corm was dead. ..... Max

Hey Max! Sorry for calling you the wrong name! My bad!

Anyway, I’m quite impressed about your knowledge of the different size corms! You know what could survive or die if too dried out! It totally makes sense why you needed a scale photo to find out if my plant was alive or dead! I’m glad to know about this! Should help me in the future!

Oh I get it! You’re pretty smart to be able to figure out if it has some white roots it may still be alive! I am grateful to you for helping me out and even sharing some of your knowledge with me!