View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ratfink94

BananaBucks : 617
Said "Thanks" 1 Times
Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Drummer Need help identifying and preparing for....

Hi! I finally got my first banana plant. It came to me like all my favorites do...someone didn’t have time for it and it needed a home. I’ve always wanted one, but never had a yard or space til now. We bought a house recently, so I’ve got the yard space. I know it’s getting chilly out so I thought I could either plant it and winterize it or bring it in. Could someone help me figure out what it is and how to prepare for it?

I can't figure out how to get the picture attached. It might be too large. Here's the link....

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=....1711514078525

UPDATE: I didn't get much input on how to prepare, so I googled. It said well draining soil so I put in a light airy indoor soil, got a large 18" diameter pot and planted it. I'm still needing help because many pages said to leave it out of a pot and put it in a dark cold location....I have a laundry room that's basically outdoors, but I'm scared to pull her out. Need help! Small corm, about 5'6", same height as me. I trimmed off all leaves except the new sprout at the top because by the time I got to her, all of the leaves were bent and yellowing, turning for the season I assume. I'll post a new pic below.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=....4348793088852

Last edited by Ratfink94 : 10-29-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: picture adding
Ratfink94 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Ratfink94

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors