View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
*Dearly Depotted*

Zone: 6A
Name: Mary
BananaBucks : 97,673
Said "Thanks" 607 Times
Was Thanked 442 Times in 301 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 8 Times
Thumbs up Re: How do you know if a banana plant is actually dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
If the plant died back during the growing season, I would dig up the corm and inspect it for rot, insects, or what ever. It shouldn't have died back. .... But if the plant died back AFTER a freeze then I wouldn't worry too much. It should come back when the weather warms to above 50 - 60 degrees F. Just stop watering it until you see new growth in the spring

You know what now that I think of it I do believe it die back right after I brought it in the house. You know for winter storage. So I might just have to dig it out and check it. It was a very small tissue culture plant. I mean little teeny tiny thing! Don’t ask me what the variety was! I honestly don’t remember! I just thought that since it was so small to begin with it wouldn’t be able to grow back! I have hope now! So I’m genuinely looking forward to seeing it start to grow again! Thanks again for your help!