View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
wstrickland1

Zone: 8-B
BananaBucks : 53,405
Said "Thanks" 306 Times
Was Thanked 1,424 Times in 593 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: Lou Ferrigno Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyard Banana Joe View Post
What I have noticed is that young namwa (In my experience) don't make suckers with long, narrow leaves. They make what you see here, which means it is a good one. Water suckers are a completely different animal and it is easy to tell. If you are trying to decide if it is a water sucker or not for more than about ten seconds, it probably isn't a water sucker. Lol

The water suckers are so weak looking. All of the pups my original namwa made looked like that. I recently harvested a bunch from one of those, good strong plant. Kind of confused.... Some namwa make thin leaves on the swords and some not.....
So what do you make of the one I planted in the pot? That thing is growing like Lou already so, not that it really matters but do you think that's a water?

I know I sound like a broken record but to think all of that was a tiny tissue culture less than 4 months ago is mind boggling. I'm estimating the pstem at over 7' with 3 gigantic pups and more popping up. I'm amazed it just doesn't seem possible.
wstrickland1 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To wstrickland1
Said thanks: