Thread: Is it a banana?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2020, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
greatshillelagh

Zone: 6b
Name: Shill
BananaBucks : 313
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Is it a banana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
It should recover. The plant is already stressed and over watered. Just make sure the new pot is very well drained and let the soil dry out between watering. .... The corm & pstem stores water, so don't worry about the soil being dry for a day or so.
I've got it in a much larger pot than what it was in, to give the roots some room to stretch and breathe, all my large pots have holes drilled in the bottom if they weren't simply cracked for drainage with a hammer and screwdriver.

I tend to let the rain do my plant watering for me unless the summer heat completely dries them out. I don't feel like that should happen much, if at all, now that summer's almost over, but stranger things have happened.

I feel like the store employees having no idea is probably a huge part of the issue, here, but I can't be angry, because I know their job is to sell the plants, not know about them. Just kind of wish the stores would at least give their employees a bit more than "This is your routine, stick to it no matter what." to work with.

But at least that leaf is still growing out and starting to try to open up. As long as that keeps happening, I'm hopeful.
greatshillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To greatshillelagh
Said thanks: