View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 05:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
smeash

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 21,187
Said "Thanks" 385 Times
Was Thanked 872 Times in 443 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 67 Times
Default Varigation on my viente cohol?

Ok guys.. i realize that this is likely a nutritional issue, but it happened very suddenly, with little change to my fertilizing schedule. I bought this plant (viente cohol) from Larry (Sddarkman) in the spring. I had it potted, until my goldendoodle though it would make a good toy. I had little hope of it recovering, but after a month or so it put out a new leaf. I put it in the ground, in a semi sunny spot, where it didnt do much, so in July, i dug it up and moved to full sun.. it started putting out about a leaf a week.. then last week the leafe came out pretty varigated. I did add some topdressed horse manure recently, but other than that its been getting 13-13-13 supplemented with MOP.. could this plant be a sport of some sort? Or is this nutritional.. opinions?
smeash is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To smeash
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors