Thread: Cutting back
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ssacha

BananaBucks : 651
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Cutting back

Hello everyone,

Writing in from Amsterdam. A sad day today, as i finally decided to cut back my bananaplant (i believe it was a dwarf cavendish or musa basjoo). The plant had not formed any new leaves this whole year and the one that was supposed to open stayed closed and discoloured.

I cut it back just a bit (above all the other leaves) hoping a new one would press itself up soon enough. However, nothing happened at all, except for new pups sprouting at the bottom.

So today i started cutting it. I took off all the top, hoping for the best. It had a black/brown core so i kept going all the way down until about a foot above ground level.

This is what it looks like.

Does it stand a chance, do i need to keep cutting or is it hopeless?
Ssacha is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Ssacha

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors