View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jmckenzie30
TheManWithThePlants

Zone: 6b
Name: Jay
BananaBucks : 1,193
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Is this Black Sigatoka on my Ensete Maurelli?

Hey guys! I'm Jay and I'm new here. This is an awesome resource for Banana planters and enthusiasts so I'm super happy I found it!

I had a question. My Red Banana (Ensete Maurelli) had recently been growing new growth that is growing pretty tarnished. Leaves not full there, ripped and pretty deformed. I also have a larger leaf had a slight brown spot but has now grown into a pretty large blotch of 2 starting from the outside of the leaf inwards. The other two leaves are "OK" but they are forming black dots along the top edges with a yellow border along the edge as well.

I've been at my wits trying to figure out what it is and how to treat it but I've come up with nothing. I can't seem to figure out how to upload pictures - it should be straight forward but I'm not having any luck. I can PM photos possibly.
Any assistant would help! Any question, feel free to ask.
The is potted indoors, 12in pot, East Facing window that gets plenty light. Brought it in because we've been having pretty bad winds lately.

Last edited by Jmckenzie30 : 06-28-2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Add Images
Jmckenzie30 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Jmckenzie30
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors