View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 577
Said "Thanks" 3,865 Times
Was Thanked 11,705 Times in 4,870 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Smile Re: I'm lost in the sea of hydroponics...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbearusGoneBanana View Post
I'm looking to perhaps dip my toe into the water that is hydroponics (ha!). With so many different setups to choose from, what tends to yeild the best results, without breaking the bank when it comes to the hardware?

I'm only looking to have one, and maybe two at max, tanks for a banana and possibly a papaya one day (if they weren't so susceptible to randomly dying off as seedlings).

As there are quite a few members who have tried different techniques, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me to what setup would work really well in this mysterious world of hydroponics. Surface area needs to be fairly compact laterally, since I'm running out of space, but hight isn't really an issue.
For best tips go to the cannibis forums ...the equipment and techniques are exactly the same.
There you can find the best of the best DYI and deals on the internet.
Some of the DYI stuff is genius and I have had quite a few fantastic takeaways for my spinach and tomatoes.
Bananas need a large well lit footprint 8x8 on up.

The only difference ......at the end of the day cannibis is 1800.00 a pound while bananas might fetch 79 Cents U.S

Happy gardening.

Last edited by cincinnana : 06-27-2020 at 06:25 PM.
cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana
Said thanks: