View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 10:19 AM   #46 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,662
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: UPDATE 2020 Season of my Nana Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
I don't keep up with it that way. These are mats that I don't cut the pups off. Now I'm starting to get 2, or 3 fruiting pstems and 3 to 5 pups all on the same corm. ... I'll count the Dwf Namwah mat later. 5 pstems of this mat are fruiting but not all on the same corm .... Originally 5 corms were set out in this mat.

The Dwf Namwah mat has 15 pstems 4 ft & taller & 14 pups 3 ft & smaller. 5 of those are currently fruiting. .... The big corm has 5 pstems; 3 of those are fruiting and 5 pups. Another corm has 4 pstems (1 fruiting) and 4 pups. The other 3 original corms, the pups and pstems are a little more spread out, meaning some of these are corms/pstems that grew from a rhizome and not the mother corm. .... Just a note and using TyTy nursery (TyTy, Ga) pricing; this Dwf Namwah mat is worth about (15 X $180 plus pups 14 X $60) $3500 to $4000. This doesn't include labor to plant, grow & maintain. I have 3 other mats about the same size and 6 other smaller mats still recovering from the big freeze 2-3 years ago.

If winter freeze & next years spring flooding doesn't kill too many of the nanas, I expects at least 5 bunches again on this mat. I do see 3 of this years pstems in this mat (not included in count) did put out new leaves but since died, I think from flooding ????.

Last edited by edwmax : 06-25-2020 at 06:53 PM.
edwmax is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edwmax
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors