Thread: BananaBucks
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #137 (permalink)
harveyc
Been nuts, gone bananas

Zone: 9b
Name: Harvey
BananaBucks : 258,784
Said "Thanks" 6,024 Times
Was Thanked 4,453 Times in 1,894 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,785 Times
Default Re: BananaBucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman88 View Post
I'd like to do some work in the Wiki myself but I always seem to have problems when I try to (most likely my fault). Like for instance, I've wanted to add myself to the section "Members Growing This Plant" for different species or cultivars but I always have difficulties. So level with me Harvey, am I just a moron? Are pics easy to add?
Brent, you must be a moron to open yourself up to a question like that!

It was confusing to me at first but once I figured it out it wasn't hard to do. One thing that was confusing is that the edit like for a section isn't always real obvious, but you should look directly to the right of the title for a section (sometimes I've clicked at the bottom of the section which was really the top of the next section).

For adding your map you enter YOUR information in right below another user and your information would look exactly like this:

29.532839863453397, -95.29266357421875, [[User:bananaman88]]

(I took your coordinates from your information when I clicked on "Find me on the map!" link under your name on the post above.)

It's much easier to go into each cultivar you grow and do that all at the same time so you can just paste the same information into each wiki page.

If you have your photos in your gallery, it is easy to post them to the wiki. When you view your photo in your gallery you will see that it has the code below it for three different uses. The third one is the code to be used for the wiki.

I think Jarred has posted this information before but maybe it should be placed as a "sticky" somewhere.

Can I please get triple B$ for this post??? lol

Good luck you former moron!

Harvey