View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Grvolp2

BananaBucks : 8,380
Said "Thanks" 16 Times
Was Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Unboxing Festivities

So when it comes to ordering banana plants from vendors online, i.e Wellspring, what protocol do you follow upon receiving the plants?

Plants are not only going through transplant shock, but also shock from being in darkness and shipping transit.

Could someone possibly give me a "recipe for success" or precedence to follow for maybe the first couple months of transition? I.e cutting back plant, fertilizing, watering, misting, sun, keeping indoor vs outdoor initially until settled.

These would be 6" to foot tall little plants. I plan to pot these plants in 1-3 gallon black nursery pots or terra cotta pots. Any suggestions or recommendations on size of pot appreciated too.

I also saw they had "Banana Fertilizer", water soluble 15-5-30... may have been a marketing snag, but would love feedback on if anyone uses this as well.

I have always "winged it" with banana plants with some success, but would love to hear how you guys do it with more experience so I can maximize my summer weather for growth!

Thank you!
(1) Blue Java
(1) Double Mahoi
(1) Musa Siamensis
(1) Manzano Apple
(2) Musa Basjoo
(1) Fe'I Aiuri
(1) Musa Ornata

Also growing assorted Colocasia (California and Gigantae) and Alocasia (Portora, Sumo, Borneo King), avocado, lemon, palms, agave, fiddle leaf, monstera deliciosa, bird of paradise, and pineapple.

Nashville, TN
Grvolp2 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Grvolp2

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors