View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
pupwontbark

Zone: 9b
BananaBucks : 4,110
Said "Thanks" 12 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Does anyone know if closely planted bamboo and banana plants compete for root space?

The forest buffer I have behind my house is being torn down and there’s no word on what will replace it. I plan to plant clumping bamboo along the back half of the property for privacy and will corral it so it spreads in the direction I choose.

I have new banana plants (true blue java and mysore from a member on the form) in that area and am worried that the banana and bamboo roots will compete for space. The banana plants were both root bound in pots and recently planted in the ground. I’d like to move them if need be before the roots get settled into their new home.

Apologizes if this isnt the correct area to post this question.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New nana.jpg (544.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by pupwontbark : 05-13-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: add photo
pupwontbark is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To pupwontbark
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors