View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mikemooreflorida

Zone: 10
BananaBucks : 3,486
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 189 Times in 84 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: ok.. so what do i have here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeash View Post
Truthfully, ive never tasted an ice cream banana, or a namwa, or anything but the grocery store variety! I will admit, the "blue" color, and purported ice cream flavor sold me like any other noob! I like exotics, but with that said, if I could get a hand of inedible nannas to grow id be a happy camper! Im excited to see if I can get whatever it is I have to grow and fruit! All my dogs are shelter dogs, and they all turned out amazing.. so looking forward to the journey, rather than the pedigree!

1. there is very little blue coloring on the Blue Java fruits in all reality (many pics online are photoshoped) and 2. Blue java is good, but its still a banana and nothing crazy exotic tasting....

the dwarf namwa is an awesome producing plant and great tasting banana. They produce a ton of pups that can be removed and planted elsewhere for a never ending supply of bananas if you want.. i'd say the dwarf namwa produces 2X as many pups vs. the blue java.
Dwarf Cavendish first home depot purchase, Apple Mansano TC, Cardaba Plantain TC, Rajapuri TC, Gold Finger TC, Dwarf Nam Wa TC, Dwarf Orinoco TC, Sweetheart FHIA-3, "dwarf red" that is really a 14ft., true blue java thanks matt!, Pisang Awak, Pisang Raja, Hua Moa, Dwarf Brazilian, High Gate.

Most are still unconfirmed young Tissue Culture plants.. fingers crossed...

Also into food forest and tropical fruit stuff....
Mikemooreflorida is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Mikemooreflorida
Said thanks: