View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sundra

BananaBucks : 26,706
Said "Thanks" 500 Times
Was Thanked 345 Times in 148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Sumatrana X Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnana View Post
Wow.....that is fantastic.
Keep doing what your doing.
More photos of your plants growing under lights ...
Any inspiration is awesome
I will have to dig out my old phone to find some fun pics of a hibiscus I used to have that practically touched my ceiling,blooming happily over winter while it did it! No grow lights required, just a southern patio window!

Also a potted gardenia "tree shrub" that bloomed all winter and spring.

Both would be outside in summer, then brought inside from the cold.

I sacrificed both, among some other plants, a few years back due to a really nasty outdoor summertime/fall spider mite infestation. I just couldn't kick them, and didn't want to risk my large indoor tropicals getting infected. The thought of trying to get rid of them off an 8 foot tall indoor Dracanea Fragrans was the deal breaker! Yikes.

This year I have a Mandevilla blooming all winter. Pics on my current phone. Will have to upload . It had a bit of a fit and dropped alot of leaves in Nov, but then quickly recovered, new leaves+flowers in December and has been blooming ever since . Again South window.

Grand Duke of Tuscany Jasmine loves the full spectrum light.Nothing special, just an inexpensive photography light. Whenever it gets spoiled with it it puts out alot blooms. I definitly reccomend this as an easy winter bloomer

I wonder what other flowering winter surprises I will find on my old phone, because I used to bring alot of stuff in just to see what I could keep blooming,(or even just alive LOL) and was surprised at what thrived
Sundra is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sundra
Said thanks: