View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Sundra

BananaBucks : 26,698
Said "Thanks" 500 Times
Was Thanked 345 Times in 148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Sumatrana X Cross

Hi Cincinnana,

Thank you for the response and suggestions. Sorry I responded late--life got busy and I figured that this thread was dead. I simply hadn't checked back in a while.

Tropicals actually do very well in my apartment in the winter because I keep it quite warm! (78f! Yup I don't like to accept that it's winter.) Plus I use a full spectrum light for myself. Spoiled plants get to share it too

I've had several blooming tropicals that are supposed to do poor in winter months continue to grow and bloom for me. I don't do anything special (fertilize or anything) They just thrive happily I do think it's the warmth even more than the spectrum light, because this was before I was even using a light. (My windows are large, south and west facing )

But I digress , (and besides I am rambling)

I checked out the Bordelon and the Tanee. Both are beautiful. And now I am *dying* for a varigated Tanee, thanks alot LOL. They are quite expensive from what I seeing !?? Or am I just looking in the wrong places.

I do want to get a Zebrina --but hope to experiment with edible fruit varieties.

Crazily enough, I want to attempt the Blue Java/ Icecream. It figures I would be drawn to the one that is hard to get the real deal of!
Sundra is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sundra
Said thanks:
Sponsors