View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 55,487
Said "Thanks" 1,580 Times
Was Thanked 4,023 Times in 1,875 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 393 Times
Default UPDATE 2020 Season of my Nana Patches

I trimmed the small nana patch this morning to get ready for the 2020 season ... AND found a supersize bloom. Anyway these pics show how the plant died back after the Jan. 21 & 22 freeze to 27 deg. All the growing leaves froze and the few bunches that were growing.

Pic1

Pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6
Yes, that is new flag leaf & bud. The bud is within the past week & half. The Flag is since the Jan 22nd freeze. So if there is no late freeze it will be interesting to see this bunch grow.

pic7

pic8

This is what was left after trimming the dead leaves and pstems back. I cut a few pstem in Jan. before the last freeze and that is why there is a few green leaves showing now.

pic9

pic10

I'll get pics of the Big Patch a little later. These just show where I'm starting from for the 2020 season.

Last edited by edwmax : 02-19-2020 at 03:21 PM.
edwmax is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To edwmax
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors