View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,663
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: 2019 -Update on My Bananas

Thanks guys. ... I'm sorry I didn't keep the thread updated as things happened. I've been busy with other projects and was a little burnt-out on the forum. Although I was checking in about couple of times a week.

I do see a few members was interested in my grow reports. I hate rattling my own chain but threads like mine, HMelendez, Master Beam and a few others has done a lot to dispel misinformation about hobby growing of banana. Even a couple of larger growers (beginning commercial growers) have taken notice and posted in the forum. ... A few years ago there was a lot bad info on the internet about growing bananas and 10 years or so ago there was no info available for the hobby grower on the internet. So posting what you did and your results goes a long way here! Even if the results was not good.

... Anyway this was a bumper year for the bananas for me after recovering from a couple of bad freezes in winter o 2017/18 that killed more than half of my plants. I had more bananas than I could eat. Making chips was the easiest way to to keep eating home-grown nanas into the spring & summer. Now I need to get or build a dehydrator to make chips.