View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zombie Dave

BananaBucks : 20,663
Said "Thanks" 69 Times
Was Thanked 80 Times in 43 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3 Times
Default Re: I failed again at Wintering. Anyone from Kansas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandylbuck View Post
Hello,
I live near Philly. I don't know much about growing banana plants where you are but I can tell you that I have had great success with Saba. Currently I'm growing 20+ varieties (it's an illness but I've come to terms with it...hahah) and I tried a lot of different things. I have planted them all in the ground and was FLOORED by how crazy they grew in the summer and then extremely disappointed by how many stopped growing completely when I potted them and brought them inside...will never do the planting in the ground thing here again. Everything I have stays in pots. I have had multiple varieties flower in pots (that are big enough to support that) and actually harvested a bunch two summers ago (my proudest moment, don't tell my three sons that). I find that for my growing situation, Saba grow quickly for a novice banana grower like me, even in a pot, and, like all bananas they like to be on a regular fertilizing schedule.
Well, that's my two cents.
Good luck and if I can help in any way, let me know.
Sandy
Thank you! So from what I understand, you bring the potted ones in for the Winter?
Zombie Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Zombie Dave
Said thanks: