View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kray_b

BananaBucks : 1,932
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Unhappy Help! Severe change in plants behavior

Hello everyone, this was my first plant baby that grew beautifully and I love it with all my heart. I got it small with 4 leaves, unhappy, and it grew a lot to my surprise.

Now, when the winter hit, its behavior changed. We have a warm house, always 73-75 degrees inside. It was a bit cooler in the summer. This is not the first year I have this plant so I can’t find the explanation why SUDDENLY it started to wilt.

At first, I thought it was dropping lover leaves. But when I looked closer - I saw that the plant was too weak to hold them and they snapped and broke. They didn’t turn yellow, broke while green.

It doesn’t wilt every day but every few days.. It’s so weird. I put a fort underneath it’s leaves to help it hold them, while it gains its strength back. Because it does, and stands tall and normal for couple days - then wilts again.

I water it every other day. Spray with with water every day. Nothing changed?!...

Only winter came and we started to make our house a bit warmer, that’s all.

Noting, that along with my banana plant, my coffee plant shows same behavior...

Back to the banana plant, it grows a new leaf every 7-10 days. I almost feel like it can’t keep up with growth? I give a fertilizer every few months.

Please help! What’s happening?! I love this plant with all my heart and would be absolutely heartbroken if I lost it. It can be fine in the morning and be wilting by the evening. Emotional rollercoaster!!!!!
Kray_b is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kray_b

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors