View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
chris1906

BananaBucks : 1,048
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default First attempt to grow Musa Velutina

I have no experience in growing musa plants from seed. Below the steps that I'm doing. Feedback, comments are more than welcome.

I ordered 20 seeds through ebay. They were well packed and with instructions to germinate them.

First i used sandpaper to scratch them

After that I let them soak for 10 minutes in water with hydrogen peroxide 3%. What I noticed was that a lot of them didn't sink to the buttom of the cup. Most of the time that is a bad sign. Picked them out of the water on placed them on a paper towel.

I boiled some water and let it cool of to 35 degrees celcius. I prepared two cups. One with just water, the second one water with seedbooster pro. I have never tried it and i thought this is the right moment for it. Curious if the product has any effect on germanation.

Now I let them soak for at least 24 hours in these cups. I have placed them on my heat map in my grow tent which has a separate dark space.

Next is potting them .

I could use some advice. What soil should I use, plant the seeds in one greenhouse or in separate pots with a plastic bag?

Last edited by chris1906 : 12-05-2019 at 09:30 AM.
chris1906 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chris1906
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors