View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
TommyOBananas

Zone: 7a
BananaBucks : 6,204
Said "Thanks" 4 Times
Was Thanked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Advice on Strategy Change for Winterizing Banana Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnana View Post
What variety do you have?
Are you Low country?
Photos might confirm that you might doing Waaaay to much for them for the winter.
You and you neighbors probably have a cold tolerant plant .
Basjoos and Orinocos are common in your area for tolerance to shorterm cold .
We just need to find out what you have.
A photo of the flower and fruit will help.
The flower will be a dead giveaway.......look up Basjoo flowers and see if there is a similarity.

Looking forward to your next post

First, thank you everyone. Second, I apologize I forgot to mention my variety. Thought I did.

I have Musa Basjoo. I think I received dwarf versions, but they are still getting up to about 8 to 9 feet if I wrap them during the winter because they start from a higher spot. I believe the person I mention also has the same, that is why it was frustrating seeing her do nothing and they get so big. In regards to position, they get 10am sun and onward.

I did forget to mention that I have another grouping further in the yard. I did not wrap all of them this year and I gained a much larger bunch of stalks and pretty tall plants. I did mulch these quite a bit.

I think my photos should work. One is a little noisy with some grass, the other though is when I posted on here before when a flower popped through.

Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited by TommyOBananas : 11-09-2019 at 09:10 PM.
TommyOBananas is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TommyOBananas
Said thanks:
Sponsors