View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 11:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
PlantHoarder

Zone: 8
Name: Planthoarder
BananaBucks : 5,025
Said "Thanks" 21 Times
Was Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Is the website under attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
I haven't been able to log to the Bananas.org for almost a week. All the 'website down' (https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ & others) checks indicated the Bananas.org was down.

This morning when I did log on the org indicated my last visit was yesterday at 8:52pm. I didn't get a web page at that time. This appears to indicate the web server itself (hardware or software) is hanging and would only need rebooting to clear to problem. ... This would be a Rackspace (hosting service) responsibility to keep their hardware & software working.
As a guy who's had to do the remote management deal on many occasions, sometimes it's left to the owner to complain or access the Cpanel (or whatever it is they use now) to manage it directly. It could be the whole thing needs to be cleaned up and reinstalled. Reboots would solve caching related issues but this seems like much more than a reboot would solve.

Anyhow, props to whomever suggested the tropical plants site, i've registered there too.
PlantHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PlantHoarder
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors