View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
planetrj
Planetrj Hawaii Z11b

Zone: 11b
Name: Kaleo
BananaBucks : 21,622
Said "Thanks" 135 Times
Was Thanked 196 Times in 109 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 37 Times
Default Re: rarepalmseeds.com do not often sell fresh seeds of musa species.

I'm also a past customer of Rare Palm Seeds. com, and I have to say with them it's hit and miss. I've had just as bad of luck with Trade Winds Fruit. They have also sent many many dead seeds to my sadness.
Many seeds BOTH sellers offer are recalcitrant, and that is where the problem lies. It's nobody's fault but the seller to be aware that many seeds are NOT meant to be stored. But, many of these resellers either cold store them, or they store them too long. Both, of which are bad news for many tropicals and recalcitrant seeds. They BOTH are guilty of selling seeds which show signs of being stored when they should have been planted upon harvest.

Now, my suggestion if you're TOO tempted to buy from either in any case, is use your PayPal Credit Card, as PayPal will reimburse you for lost or dead seeds. Also, American Express will do the same, however, I'm not sure if they accept AE.

It's good we all share our experiences, and maybe these companies will work out their issues if they continue to see a habit they have, and furthermore, if they see the complaints. DG has plenty of them for both companies.
Sponsors