View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
cincinnana
Container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
Name: mike
BananaBucks : 22,799
Said "Thanks" 3,559 Times
Was Thanked 9,061 Times in 3,504 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,478 Times
Default Re: Transplanting Musa Basjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmatt View Post
I know this has been talked about often as I searched quite a bit here before posting. I didnít find an answer to my situation so I thought Iíd ask the experts. I live in zone 6b/7a and have a very well established clump of musa Basjoo. They have over wintered very well for me and multiplied like rabbits! Anyway, the area they are in is about to become part of a large planting of dwarf conifers. So they have to move. Soon. Like in the next two weeks. My questions are, first, how do I move them? Cut them back and dig them up and relocate? Second question, is it okay to move them in the fall? Of course our summer has had excessive heat and the past month has seen nearly every day in the 90ís and zero rain. Theyíre practically going dormant already.

Either way I plan to move them no matter what. Iíll transplant what I can to the new area and pot up some pups and throw them in the garage for the winter. I just wanted to see if anybody has had any experience with moving them during the month of October. The forecast for the foreseeable future is mid to upper 70ís so theyíll have a good month in their new home before the first hard freeze hits them.
Great, question...all plants move better in the spring.
cincinnana is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To cincinnana