View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
PlantHoarder

Zone: 8
Name: Planthoarder
BananaBucks : 5,038
Said "Thanks" 21 Times
Was Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: New Owner,Musa Basjoo Banana Tree sagging leaves.Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingB View Post
Ok thanks for the information. What kind of fertilizer should I use? Stuff I can get from Lowe's or home Depot.
I bought some water soluable rose feeding mix. H.D. Or lowes should carry this. Don't focus on what the box says it's for, so much as the mix itself, the miracle grow rose feed mix was 18-24-18. Always proofread before you purchase, HD or Lowes won't have a clue so don't bother asking, stores like that stopped hiring people that knew anything useful quite a while ago.

The mix ratio that was recommended to me through various sources was 20-20-20, so that rose mix was close enough. If possible find one that is 10-10-10, that makes the dilution math simpler, you just buy more of it.

I bought 5 pounds of Haifa Multi-K for additional micro-nutrient support from an online vendor. 5 pounds is a sample size, and it's not cheap.

If you have other plants that need fertilizer, it's easier to just find one that works for all rather than filling up your house with multiples of something. That's where the dilution math comes in, with few exceptions fertilizer is a one size fits all type thing (IE: 10-10-10 or whatever can be used for everything if used right).

Weaker 'fert applications mean you can use it more often, up to the maximum permissible for a given time frame.

Dilution math can be a pain in the ass depending on how you intend to use it, so there are websites & calculator apps that can make it easier. I'm still figuring that part out.

Jobes fertilizer stakes is another option too if you want slow acting, to make sure those work in doors you'll have to saturate the soil completely whenever you water.

Fast acting bulk source Here.

Last edited by PlantHoarder : 10-01-2019 at 04:16 PM.
PlantHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PlantHoarder