View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
LunarFantom

BananaBucks : 8,158
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 21 Times in 9 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Finally got my first two banana plants

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwmax View Post
The plants look good. But I disagree about misting especially nana potted plants inside. Air conditioned air inside has low humidity and will dry the plant. Inside the plant will use very little water so keep the moist and allow the soil the dry out before watering. Misting 2 Xs a day is good.

I would repot to 8" pots with table spoon of fertilize for the next 3 months. Use a very fast draining potting soil.
My house isn't air conditioned and the bananas have a humidifier inside a tiny greenhouse with them so they should have plenty of humidity. (Too much even. I may need to get a humidity gauge to make sure I don't start some kind of horrifying mold problem).

The instructions say to wait for the root to poke through the bottom before repotting. I assume they're afraid I'm going to shock my plant if I transplant it immediately after arrival. But seeing such big plants in such tiny pots IS kind of messing with me.

Should I be worried about over fertilizing? I have rabbit poop for days (cold compost) and was going to mix it with normal potting soil.
LunarFantom is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To LunarFantom
Sponsors