View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
edwmax

Zone: 8b
BananaBucks : 88,401
Said "Thanks" 1,741 Times
Was Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,095 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 414 Times
Default Re: another fertilizer question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwack View Post
as much and as often as I can without burning them up,, not looking for fruit, just want them to get as big as possible.

have been giving them about a half a pound of 13-13-13 per plant about every month,,

I have read that they like more potassium then the rest,, just thought I would supplement it a little.

sorry if I sound dumb , just don't know much about fertilizer. I do know the smaller plants will take less than the big ones, ( I guess)

Then you need to go to our WiKi and read about fertilizer. Info:Fertilizer - Bananas Wiki

Bananas need about 1 lb of nitrogen and 1.5 lbs of potassium per year (aka: growing season) ... So using NPK of 13-13-13, you would need give 7.5 to 8 lbs of 13-13-13 for 1 lb of nitrogen and 1 lb of potassium. ... You then need to supplement 1/2 lb of potassium with MOP (0-0-50) or SOP (0-0-60). 1/2 lb /.5 = 1 lb of MOP or a little less of the SOP.

Divide this weight by the number of feeding you plan on giving the plant during the growing season. Some members here give the plants extra ....

The math is easy. It was the unknowns of your question that made the answer difficult.