View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 08:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
nealnick5
Nick
 
nealnick5's Avatar
 
Location: Weems, VA
Zone: 7b
Name: Nick
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 157
BananaBucks : 29,397
Feedback: 1 / 100%
Said "Thanks" 334 Times
Was Thanked 364 Times in 106 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Nana super slow after roots dried out over winter

I followed all of your suggestions. Just waiting now. Thanks again so much. The pups are doing well outdoors and I replaced all banana plants with 50% sand, 25% pearlite, 25% potting soil *Mixed together*. And the corms have 50% sand 50% pearlite in the garage. I cannot thank you all enough. I will check the roots lightly in the next few days!!! Also passed on this knowledge to the FaceBook group Planet Musa! Just want to help other people prevent this mistake!!!
__________________
Growing: Ensete ventricosum 'maurelli', Musa balbisiana 'Thai Black', bordelon, basjoo, Dwarf Cavendish, Dwarf Orinoco, itinerans var. itinerans, lasiocarpa, orinoco (tall), saba, Siam Ruby, sikkimensis 'Red Tiger', TaNee, zebrina, and zebrina var. gran nain.

Seeking: Musa Itinerans var. xishuanbannaensis, French Red Plantain, Peekeli, and Ensete ventricosum.

Last edited by nealnick5 : 06-12-2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Planet Musa, not Planet Bananas
nealnick5 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To nealnick5
Said thanks:
Sponsors